Terminal and color?

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 16:44:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 09:33 -0700, Knute Johnson wrote:
> My Terminal lost its color.  Before when I would do an ls it would show
> programs in green and images in magenta but now they are all black.  I
> must have done something to it but I don't have a clue how to get it
> back.  Any ideas? 10.10
>
> Thanks,

Colour support is enabled in my .bashrc file with this

# enable color support of ls and also add handy aliases
if [ "$TERM" != "dumb" ]; then
    eval "`dircolors -b`"
    alias ls='ls --color=auto'
    #alias dir='ls --color=auto --format=vertical'
    #alias vdir='ls --color=auto --format=long'
fi

Check that you have it. And BTW you won't get colour if you do something
like

ls | less

Tony