Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Tue Jun 14 18:58:48 UTC 2011

On 6/14/2011 12:06 PM, Douglas Pollard wrote:
>OK should dev,sdc1 input be input sudo mount -t vfat/dev.sdc1 /boot/
> sdc1  that partition is a boot partition rather than media according to
> disk utility

This drive changing bullshit your computer keeps doing is getting really
annoying so for now on we are going to work with the UUID.

#~: sudo -i
#~: rm /media/sdc1
#~: blkid
#~: vol_id --uuid /dev/sd[x]1
#~: mkdir /media/uuid-here
#~: mount -t vfat -u uuid-here /media/uuid-here
#~: dmesg |tail -15

*uuid-here should be replaced with the output of vol_id;*

While blkid and vol_id are pretty much the same, I just want to double
confirm the output from blkid. if 15 isn't enough, add more to the tail
by retailing with more. if you get an error, tail the logs without "or
so" I don't care what the hell their error message says. just tail it.