From IRC and a NEW USER: "Ubuntu is so horrible to try and use..."

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Jun 14 07:18:32 UTC 2011

On 13 June 2011 23:58, Stephen Kuhn <yank.down.under at gmx.com> wrote:
> Then you'll have seen me in the channel, nearly every day, every week,
> every month, every year - any hour of the day - helping folks as I can
> and getting in the shits with at least half the channel ops for
> obviously NOT sticking to a fascist regime (back in the day when I was
> an op, I certainly kept the peace, yet still had some personality
> without being a dickhead).

It's exactly this language you were pulled up for. That and calling
the op a "nazi" which is completely inappropriate. If you have an
issue with the ops then take it to #ubuntu-ops and further
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/AppealProcess helps here. However the
absolute easiest thing to do is just moderate the language used.

Al.