Facebook Crashing Computer?

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Mon Jun 13 14:15:31 UTC 2011

On 06/13/2011 08:57 AM, Kipton Moravec wrote:

> Disk statistics:
> 70 Power cycles
> 2 bad sectors for 100 HB drive
> Temp 33C / 91C

I would have suspected problems with video card/chip at first, but I
think it's worth examining that hard drive as well.

Look at the details of the SMART data to see if there are any "Pending"
bad sectors.  (that would be a bad sign)

Also, run badblocks on the hard drive.  (sudo badblocks /dev/sda, or
whatever device is appropriate).  Given the 'reboot' nature of your
crash, I would be particularly interested in checking the swap
partition, if you happen to know what it is.