Is partitioning required?

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Sun Jun 12 16:33:05 UTC 2011

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 11:06:44 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:

> On 6/12/2011 10:37 AM, Robert Spanjaard wrote:
>> Thanks for the information. I'll leave it as it is. It's only used for
>> data, and only by myself, and by one OS. And it's backed up daily. So I
>> can live with the risks. :-)
>
> I think you should partition it to BTRFS, you might like it since you do
> daily backups and it would be perfect for somebody who just wants
> something to store random stuff on outside of the OS.  We've started
> using it on our experimental servers and have fallen in love.
>
> https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page << Out of date kinda
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/btrfs << More up to date

Thanks for the pointer. I'll certainly keep it in mind for the next time
I change the system (probably with the release of 12.04). But for now
(running 10.04), I'll keep it the way it is. I don't like tinkering with
a system as much as I used now. Now I just want to get it up and running,
and start _use_ the system I set up. That's why I asked my question in
the first place; if there's no real need to correct my mistake, I won't
correct it. :-)

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com