dpkg 'version number does not start with a digit' since upgrading to natty

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Fri Jun 10 08:25:33 UTC 2011

I've been using Thomas Wiegner's slrn packages [1] for a while; the
current one has the version number 'pre1.0.0-26'.  Since upgrading
from maverick to natty, I've been getting the following warning at
least once (sometimes two or three times) every time I use the dpkg or
aptitude commands:

#v+
dpkg-query: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 91930 package 'slrn':
 error in Version string 'pre1.0.0-26': version number does not start with a digit
#v-

Any idea how to suppress it?

[1]
http://www.foory.de/thw/slrn/