Setting up encryption during installation

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Fri Jun 10 06:57:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a netbook running Ububtu Lucid (UNR). I played around much and
managed to mess the system enough for re-installing....

I am planning to re-install, with a few changes from my present setup, so I
thought I'd ask for your opinion first:

1. Install 11.04 instead - is it stable enough for a netbook used for work ?
2. I'd like to encrypt the whole drive during installation, not only my
/home partition, I thought of creating the following map: A root (/)
partition for the system, a /home partition for my files and a swap
partition. Is it even possible to encrypt the root and swap partitions?

Any personal insight and success / failure stories will be welcome....

I am now in the process of moving all of my files to an external disk as a
backup...

Thanks!

Amichai.