Askubuntu, was : Re: Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal release review from other users‏

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 03:23:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 15:22 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:

> In summary, I'd say: if it incorporates the Ubuntu name, bears the
> logo and fonts etc. and pertains to Ubuntu, I'd expect it to either
> [a] be owned and run by Ubuntu or [b] bear a big clear disclaimer that
> it is not, by whom it *is* run, and that the name & indicia are being
> used with permission.

Just maybe, for the sake of expediency, Canonical decided to vet the use
of and gave permission to the Askubuntu admins to use the logo's, do all
of the above, and everyone is all happy as warm puppies, but they forgot
to ask Liam, mea culpa! ...who gets upset that his expectations are not
met. "If you don't, fine, good for you. Others disagree. Just accept
it."

Is that about right? That shoe fits about anyone's foot. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256