Paypal phishing warning

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 06:39:31 UTC 2011

Sorry for the cross-post, and off-topic at that, but:

This morning I received a very authentic looking email from
info.paypal.com, claiming that Paypal wanted me to update my browser.
(Really.)

It had my name in it and all the right graphics and colors and everything.

Except that the from site was info.paypal.com (whoever they are: hint
- not paypal.com) and the links all had long obfuscated links in them.

I verified with paypal that it was not legitimate, so I though you
might all be warned as well.

You may now return to the appropriate technical discussions....