64-bit flash no longer produces sound

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 9 04:14:10 UTC 2011

On 06/08/2011 06:19 PM, Janne Jokitalo wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> noticed two flash updates during the last couple of days. I had my chrome open
> for several days, so am not sure when the symptom actually started, but after a
> reboot, flash videos no longer produce sound. This can be also verified by
> indicator-sound-service, which says "No application is playing or recording
> audio" when a flash video is being played.
>
> Sound works, though, which I verified with both spotify and rhythmbox.
>
> Besides chrome failing to play audio, so do both firefox and opera.

It's helpful if you tell us which version of flash/chrome/Firefox/Opera
you have. Also provide a link to a flash video that isn't working for you.

I've no issues with SeaMonkey 2.1rc (2.1pre), Firefox 4.0.1, Opera
11.11, Chromium 11.0.696.71 (86024) Ubuntu 10.10, Google Chrome
12.0.742.91, and Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181 on 32bit (10.10) or 64bit
(10.10 + 11.04) playing:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5irTX82olg&feature=topvideos_music>