how to remove bind?

Nick Edwards nick.z.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 06:36:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Nick Edwards <nick.z.edwards at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Ioannis Vranos <ioannis.vranos at gmail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> 2. I think there is a way to force install and uninstall a package,
>>> ignoring dependencies, either with apt, or with aptitude. You may
>>> check the info files, the web, or someone else that knows the
>>> parameters may tell us.
>>>

>> This makes perfect sense, even rpm has had this ability for what, 10
>> years....
>>

>> It's just really dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.  I've been
> using Linux about 20 years, and I've *never* used such a feature.  And I
> *do* know what I'm doing (if you believe that PhD (in computer science)
> means anything).

It not dangerous but laughable that you make this comment, when your use of
linux seems confined to one vendor, if you HAD have actual experience with
other distros you would realize how stupid this and one of your other
statements are

and no a degree in IT is not worth the paper it is written on these days,
except maybe a  CCIE.