Logitec ClearChat Comfort USB Headset

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 16:54:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 12:05 -0400, Tom wrote:
> Hello...has anyone been able to make the mentioned USB
> Headset work with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS?? I have it working
> with windows but not Ubuntu.

Fire up alsamixer from a terminal, hit F6, chose your logitech, unmute
it and raise the volume to around 85%. Then fire up pavucontrol, while
playing the application that you want to use the headphones for, select
your headset and adjust the volume. Pulse will remember that setting the
next time you open the same application.

For what it's worth, Logitech is now on my sh*t list. The wiring is so
incredibly tiny inside the headset that it is prone to breakage without
even jerking on the cord. It's almost tin foil for wiring. I call that a
POS and will never ever buy another Logitech headset. Be SURE to keep
your sales slip as you'll be wanting a replacement soon enough. It has a
two-year warranty and folks are complaining that it doesn't last 6
months. Ric

Linux user# 44256