voice call using skype audio/microphone problem at my end

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:28:50 UTC 2011

Hi,
list there is a small problem.I use Ubuntu 10.04 64 ,and Skype

lspci output for the audio card is
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD
Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Dell Device [1028:02cf]
        Memory at f6afc000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [70] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel <?>
        Capabilities: [130] Root Complex Link <?>
        Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
        Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

I can play youtube videos easily and hear the voice as well.
Here is the problem when I want to talk using skype on Ubuntu then I
can hear the other persons
 voice but my voice does not goes to the other side.To make sure I
tried 3 different microphones and I
was able to hear the other persons voice but they were not able to hear mine.

Hence as a test I rebooted to Windows and person on other end was able
to hear my voice (on same machine where I report this problem)
So the problems seems only with some kind of drivers or some
thing(which I do not know at this point) in Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit).

Can any one suggest me any steps that I should follow or try?