Unity: future of desktops

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 09:29:26 UTC 2011

2011/7/31 Donkey Hottie <donkey at fredriksson.dy.fi>:

> I somehome like Ubuntu Unity.

I will probably like it when they fixed some things, like auto-hiding
the panel and a couple of more things.

> I don't like Gnome 3, as in Fedora 15.

Didn’t try that yet.

> I probably don't like Windows 8, but can't say yet.

Won’t try. 13 years with Windows was too much for me.

> It seems the the desktop is in change everywhere, and so far Unity feels
> good. How ever, I still use and like Windows 7 as my main desktop.

I still use Gnome 2, which I like more than anything I’ve seen so far.
KDE 4 looked nice (OpenSUSE) but there was too much crashing going on
for my taste; everything crashed all the time, kind of…
I tried to upgrade to Ubuntu 11.04 a while ago, but I did things in
the wrong order, so I didn't get it to work properly. I then installed
Ubuntu 10.10 from scratch and will probably not upgrade until the
support time runs out. If there isn’t a problem, don't fix it…

> Just thinking out loud...

Me too…