Went Back To Windows(R)...

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Sat Jul 30 21:57:47 UTC 2011

What? He said nothing about the real world in the bit I was replying to:

>On Sat, July 30, 2011 1:18 am, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> In other words: Windows works with the hardware you have and you can
>> buy hardware for it without worry, whereas with Linux you need to
>> google and ask on forums before buying hardware. And if you already
>> own hardware, you might just be out of luck with Linux in any case.
>>
> Somebody else said it better then me: "Since you're an idiot, yes"

My understanding was that he felt Dotan was an idiot for finding that
not everything Just Works. I'm not really sure quite what he was trying
to get across, though, which was why I tried to ask for clarification.
But then he went off on some other tangent noting that there's not
much hardware built to be compatible with Linux.

--
Avi