Went Back To Windows(R)...

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Sat Jul 30 18:33:18 UTC 2011

On 07/30/2011 07:00 PM, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Jordon Bedwell wrote:
>
>> On Sat, July 30, 2011 1:18 am, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>> In other words: Windows works with the hardware you have and you can
>>> buy hardware for it without worry, whereas with Linux you need to
>>> google and ask on forums before buying hardware. And if you already
>>> own hardware, you might just be out of luck with Linux in any case.
>>
>> Somebody else said it better then me: "Since you're an idiot, yes"
>

> So Linux being incompatible with large swathes of hardware is because
> the users are idiots? That's hardly useful as far as gaining support
> for more hardware.

Thought I'll join in the fray, feeling left out, see.. :(
and also to add a touch of levity to a really pointless discussion. And
I am not addressing anybody in particular (the song's not about you).

But I just saw this article and thought I'd share it with you all.

Last paragraph....
I just want to make it clear that the report released by my company did
not suggest that if you use IE that means you have a low IQ, but what it
really says is that if you have a low IQ then there are high chances
that you use Internet Explorer," said CEO Leonard Howard.

I thought maybe somebody should ask him to do a similar study on Windows
users....just kidding, for laughs, yet another pointless study, fit for
the Darwin Awards.

Cheers, everybody - Goh Lip

--
Just think how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of
them are even stupider! --George Carlin