Need Help - system crash

ANDY sirald66 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 03:58:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 4:39 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Maybe a back superblock? You could try e2fsck -b[1], or with gparted on
> 10.04, right click the partion & select 'Check'. If those don't work,
> then I'd head for testdisk & photorec:
>
> http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

I went with a gparted check and it found 6 orphaned nodes to nuke; ran it
again and it appeared clean.  Mounted from 10.04 LiveCD and booted from 9.10
native, no problem -- so far.

Downloaded TestDisk anyway and will run checks.  Still nervous because
CapsLock and ScrollLock indicators were blinking together during the initial
system crash, and they started doing so again during a LiveCD failed boot...

Gparted didn't mention recovering a superblock/journal, but that somehow
seems likely.