Went Back To Windows(R)...

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 29 16:07:32 UTC 2011

On 07/29/2011 11:27 AM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> 2011/7/28 Jesse Palser<SLNTHERO at aol.com>:
>> Went Back To Windows(R)...
> Don't you have the ® character easily available in Windows®?
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg
> ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ
     I think it takes a lot of guts to go back to windows from Ubuntu. I
threaten myself with that every once in a while, but I don't do it.  If
Ubuntu is a pain in the butt windows is like a stab through the neck.
     The only thing good about windows is that when you get old, and
struggle with keeping things working there are always neighbors who have
children that can help.
     Of course with Linux you can get on-line help but when we keep
asking the same dumb questions everyone gets tired of helping and they
sort of cut you loose.
     Having said that I find I am mentally sharper than many my age and
I believe learning and working with Linux has greatly contributed to
that.  There is little mental challenge to using windows but on the
other hand it is not much good for anything but doing e-mail  unless for
example you want to spend a pile of money to buy a program to do what
you want to do.  I truly believe this.  I also have learned to ask for
help less and google more.