Used ipod and Banshee

Albert Wagner albertwagner at cox.net
Thu Jul 28 00:05:03 UTC 2011

I am running Maverick 10.10 and have bought a not-new ipod Classic gen.
5 video (A147) with someone else's crap filling up half of it.  I have
attempted, using several Linux ipod managers, to delete those tracks,
but got closest with Banshee 2.0.  When syncing with Banshee it appears
that the old tracks are being removed;  However, a directory named
"errors" is opened and every single "deleted" track is shown as being
unable to be removed because of a read-only filesystem.  I can't remove
them each manually either, in that there is no "delete" option for
selected tracks.  Has anyone attempted such a thing?  And can you point
me to some help?  I have Googled extensively but am apparently using an
inadequate search string.