Server becomes io-bound on no disk writes.

William King quentusrex at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 01:23:09 UTC 2011

The one that works has 3 of these drives:

            *-disk:2
                 product: WDC WD1001FALS-0
                 vendor: Western Digital
                 physical id: 0.0.0
                 bus info: scsi at 4:0.0.0
                 logical name: /dev/sdc
                 version: 05.0
                 serial: WD-WMATV9394647
                 size: 931GiB (1TB)
                 capabilities: partitioned partitioned:dos
                 configuration: ansiversion=5 signature=000794e4

Where the one that does not work as intended has:

            *-disk:2
                 product: ST31000528AS
                 vendor: Seagate
                 physical id: 0.0.0
                 bus info: scsi at 4:0.0.0
                 logical name: /dev/sdc
                 version: CC46
                 serial: 5VP7RA7M
                 size: 931GiB (1TB)
                 capabilities: partitioned partitioned:dos
                 configuration: ansiversion=5 signature=000d40a1

And the file system is ext4.