website picture publishing

Ray Leventhal ubuntu at swhi.net
Mon Jul 25 13:48:03 UTC 2011

On 7/24/2011 8:31 PM, compdoc wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone uses software that makes it easy to view,
> download, and possibly catalog camera photos from a simple web-server?
>
> Google has a couple that I haven't look at yet: Gallery 3.0.2, JetPhoto
> Studio, etc. Seems there's a few to choose from...

I find that jAlbum [1] does a great job.  Lots of skins/album types to
choose from.  You first create a local album, then either upload to
their server(s) or your own.  Samples of some of mine available for
review (please ask offlist).

While not FOSS, it is free as in no-charge.  The downloads page [1]
includes options for Win, Mac, .deb for Debian/Ubuntu, etc, .rpm for RH
flavors, .bin for generic GNU/Linux and a few others including .jar for
anything not already covered.

HTH,
-Ray

[1] http://jalbum.net/en/software/download/all-systems