how to connect Tata Docomo USB modem in Lucid

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 19:30:38 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 12:48 +0530, Abhishek Dixit wrote:

> Some thing is still missing because of which it could not connect to Internet.
> What is that,this is not clear to me.

What do you have in /etc/resolv.conf?? You may be making the connection,
but not getting your nameserver info. If you know your ISP nameserver
addresses, you might try inserting them here, if that file is empty. If
it is being managed by Network Mangler I think you can add them manually
with that as well. Or, try using an IP address in your browser, like
209.132.183.81 for redhat.com, to see if you have connected at all.
Trouble shooting with a shotgun, Ric

Linux user# 44256