Upgrade from 6.06 LTS to 10.04 LTS

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 03:13:55 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-23 at 00:31 +0100, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> >
> > Ah! So, if you fresh install, and do a selective restore, that makes
> > one half competent then? <chin quivers> My... I didn't know! I guess
> > I'll just nip off and shoot myself. :) Ric
> >

> I specifically said 'rarely' to leave scope for where it *is* a good
> idea :)
>
> And, of course, competence would probably require the admin to not
> still be running 6.06 in 2011, but I'm sure he has his reasons...

That was my point, that is quite a jump to make, and to risk a
"production server" whateverinthehell that is (like the rest of us play
Hunt The Wumpus on our machines, so "production server" doesn't impress
me the slightest), ...to make that jump requires quite a leap of faith
as well, that borders on calamity, ~IMHO~. <---Jus my two cents. Ric

Linux user# 44256