Path to Desktop directory when localized environment is used

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Fri Jul 22 22:26:24 UTC 2011

fred f <ffred69 at gmail.com> writes:

>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Florian Diesch <diesch at spamfence.net> wrote:

>>> xdg-user-dir DESKTOP
>
> thanks for fast response, can I use this command for any usual distro
> or it is ubuntu's "speciality".

It's part of the xdg-user-dirs software package from
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs so it's not Ubuntu
specific.

I don't know if it's part of all major distros but as it's a quite
simple shell script you can just copy the code.

   Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/software/shell-scripts/>