Upgrade from 6.06 LTS to 10.04 LTS

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 20:15:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 08:02 -0400, Dustin Schuemann wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 8:58 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>         On 07/20/2011 05:35 PM, Dustin Schuemann wrote:
>         > Dapper has been fully upgraded. Here is what is in my
>         sources.list.

I think you might be better served by doing a backup of important files
and installing 10.4 fresh. Really, it doesn't hurt that much. I'm
talking about 2 levels of improved disk filesystem organization since
that old wheeze. Surely one would not want to just merely upgrade with
all of that old cruft intact? Let your system open itself up to breathe
fresh air! You'll have a new machine on your hands, raring to go. It
will be grateful not be flogged like an old horse. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256