Sound server & mic problem on 10.04

TopBot . topbot5 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:57:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

I just installed backtrack 5 (kde version - based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS)  for
some testing purposes, but its giving me problems as an operating system.

The sound server isn't working, even after a lot of searching, I cant seem
to make it work, so only one program can play sound at a time. I downloaded
the Pulse Audio packages but I'm having trouble setting them up. Also, I can
hear the microphone from the speakers (after messing with my sound mixer),
but the sound recorder or the pidgin voice calls don't seem to pick up any
voice.

Any Idea?

--
TopBot.