[OT] Linus Torvalds delays Linux 3.0 launch due to a subtle bug

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 20 05:35:40 UTC 2011

On 20/07/11 14:21, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 13:17 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>>> OMG! A BUG? IN LINUX?
>>> Nah...ya must be jokin mate...can't be ridgydigi...must be a joke...
>> When I read the story, the first thing which came to mind is this article:
>> http://www.infoworld.com/d/applications/microsoft-struggles-get-hyper-v-drivers-in-linux-kernel-357
>>
>> Don't know why........
>>
>> BC
> Well, that truly does explain THAT bit. M$ being "not on time" with a
> project or with code. Yeppers. "Fashionably late", as it were. As well,
> with Microsoft depositing code into the linux kernel, the next step is
> to get the linux distributors to pay them $15 per copy sold - meaning
> that "free as in beer" linux could be a thing of the past - shortly.
> (Um, "Android Lessons" anyone?)

Strange that you should mention this.

A comment I made to someone elsewhere is that I can visualise this piece
of M$ code being patented - but provided under the GPL (?)v2 licence.
But then some time along M$ comes in with, "Ooopsie, one of our "rogue"
programmers, the very very naughty boy that he was!, provided this code
for the Linux kernel but.....well..... it IS patented you know.....and

BC

--
Paradise is like Hell and neither is too far from you because both are creations of your mind and therefore both are already inside you.