Adobe Illustrator equivalent for Ubuntu

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 02:00:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 16:48 -0500, Kipton Moravec wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 14:14 -0700, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> > On Mon, July 18, 2011 12:56 pm, NoOp wrote:
> > > It may work for you, but I've found it to be pretty buggy (version 0.7);
> > > svg imports are terrible & most of the time not working, crashes,
> > > printing not working[1], doesn't open AI version 10 files, etc. That is
> > > why I use Inkscape.
> > >
> > > [1]
> > > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xaralx/+bug/73269
> > > [Printing does not work  - last comment is mine]
> >
> > I don't even think xaralx is maintained anymore.  Shouldn't it have been
> > orphaned from Ubuntu a long time ago considering it's last update was like
> > in 2007.
> >

> That figures. Inkscape does not export to IA. Is there a converter
> from .SVG to ,IA?

Looks like google will have to be your friend. One pundit notes:
"A file with the IA file extension is a Roland Garros Tennis Person
file."
Another opines:
".IA File Format #1
IA Program: Roland Garros Tennis Person File
IA Company: No IA Company Listed"

Good luck. It pretty much goes downhill from there... there are
practically zero hits on ".IA file format". Linux deals with the arcane
rather than the obscure. It's a dead parrot, at first glance. Sorry, Ric

Linux user# 44256