64 Bit 11.04: Firefox 5 and Flash 10.3r181 low quality and flickering issues @Youtube and MySpace

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Mon Jul 18 18:49:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, July 18, 2011 11:35 am, Sven Aluoor wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have with 64 Bit Ubuntu 11.04, Firefox 5, Flash 10.3r181 low quality
> and flickering issues at big video portals (Youtube, MySpaceTV,...).
>
> Do I have some sort of Open Source flash installed (not from Adobe) per
> default?

No you do not unless you installed it yourself.  Perhaps try the newly
updated 64bit Flash directly from Adobe (omit the lib/kde4 if you do not
have KDE) as it will most likely work better for you than the wrapper with
32bit Flash.  http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11.html

Some people do have performance issues with Flash on a 64bit systems.