System menu bug

Soare Catalin lolinux.soare at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 21:26:08 UTC 2011

On Jul 17, 2011 11:28 PM, "NoOp" <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 07/17/2011 01:14 PM, Soare Catalin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I think I might have found a bug in Ubuntu 11.04 with and without Unity.
> > Whenever I try to bring up any window's system menu (with alt+space or
by
> > clicking on the app's window icon), the window manager (please correct
me if
> > I'm wrong) crashes. All titlebars from all applications dissapear, and
> > windows become unmovable.
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this?
>
> I can't replicate on my system (Unity or Ubuntu Classic). I wonder if
> it's a Compiz issue... I have the 'Ubuntu Unity Plugin' disabled in
> compiz so that I can properly rotate my windows etc.

Thank you, NoOp for replying.

Thing is that if I rightclick the titlebar of any window, the system menu
does appear and the wm doesn't crash.

Anyway -- and excuse me for being offtopic here, but I installed Natty
because Ubuntu 10.04 had no drivers for my chipset, I was unable to use my
network card. Had no time (I usually do this OS installing business at
night) and to be honest do not know how to install these drivers. I am sure
that if I could install the kernel version that 11.04 is using, I could run
10.04 without problems.
Mobo name is Asus p8p67.

Anyone could point me to some steps on getting this kernel on 10.04? Is
compiling the only option?

Regards,