A bit OT perhaps: Counsel on a newbie to php and MySQL (on Ubuntu!)

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jul 16 21:10:09 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-07-16 at 14:05 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On 07/16/2011 01:37 PM, Peter N. Spotts wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply, Jordan. Here's the offending line, which, as I
> > look at it, I wonder if it wants the full path:
> >
> > # Include generic snippets of statements
> > Include conf.d/
>
> Try this:
> Include conf.d/*.conf

Thanks, but that change still yields the error message when I try to
start Apache. However, when I did a full removal of Drupal (which I'll
play with after I have some fun with PHP and MySQL), Apache started
right up. So thanks again for your willingness to help!

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

"I just bought a 12-pound theropod for Thanksgiving Dinner."
            -- From a paleontology email list