[Solved] Re: Safely clean old root account?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 16 18:13:34 UTC 2011

On 07/16/2011 04:31 AM, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It arrived just after I posted :)
>>
>> Colin
>
> Gmail is probably sleepy as me... lack of a nice breakfast and lots of
> cofee... :-)
>
> L.
Thanks guys.

I got it sorted out for the most part. Got it down to 12Mb from 105Mb.
What I did was run:
$ gksu baobab
so that I could easily see which folders in /root were taking the most
(.mozilla & evolution took the most) space. From baobab I could launch
the folders (also in gksu mode) into nautilus & delete. For comparison I
put another (clean) machine on the other screen & and compared the folders.

I could probably get it down further, but I think I'll leave well enough
alone for now :-)