Ubuntu 11.10 alpha 2 installer, ubiquity crashes!!

David C. Curtis dave.c.curtis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 23:56:08 UTC 2011

On 11-07-15 05:01 AM, Ben Tinner wrote:
> Hey guys! There is a very big bug on ubiquity while upgrading from 11.10 alpha 1 to 11.10 alpha 2, the installer crashes and the system also crashes. Can anybody help me?

If you can login to a terminal (with networking) a 'sudo apt-get update
&& sudo apt-get dist-upgrade' should get you in working order.

Does Ubiquity == Update-manager, or is Ubiquity just the installer? I
rarely use either for updates. A1 to A2 is really just package
upgrading, and should not require either, AFAIK.

Dave