[once again], the list's opinion of a possible ubuntu laptop

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 22:03:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 10:37 -0700, Pop Horea wrote:
> I have a laptop MSI cx623 with nvidia 310m. I run ubuntu 11.04 on it
> but the nvidia driver it is not working.

There must be some sort of massive video drivers mess-up with 11.04.
Thankfully I'm still safely on the 10.4 bus ride where everything just
seems to work. If I wanted the latest and greatest I would have stayed
with Fedora. I ~MIGHT~ get all brave and install 10.10, but I doubt it.
Well, if 11.04 don't/won't work, back up and install 10.10 and wait for
11.04 to get stable with the next re-spin. All that costs is the time to
do so. It's not like anyone got beaten out of the bucks. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256