Ubuntu login black screen at boot up

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 15 06:56:45 UTC 2011

On 15/07/11 16:35, Colin Law wrote:

>>> So you have Ubuntu running in VMware? Or is this a dual boot system?
>> Â  Â  Â  dual boot system
>> Â  Â  Â Â  xp and ubuntu
> That is not *inside* windows then, it is nothing to do with windows,
> it just happens that windows is in another partition on the machine.
>
> Colin

OK, I'm going to stick my neck out one more time......

The OP wrote that he has Ubuntu "installed inside the Window xp."

That, to me at least, as unfortunate that may be to me who needs a
vacation, means that Ubuntu is installed inside Windows XP with the help
of wubi.exe - and is therefore a file sitting inside of XP containing
Ubuntu.

Or, on the other hand, Ubuntu may be installed within XP using VMWare in
which case it is also "inside Windows".

But then I've been having a very bad time recently and do need a
vacation :-( ......

BC

--
Paradise is like Hell and neither is too far from you because both are creations of your mind and therefore both are already inside you.