Message at the time of Booting

সাজেদুর রহিম জোয়ারদার toshazed at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 06:43:30 UTC 2011

Dear Chidambaraiyer

2011/7/13 Ramachandran Chidambaraiyer <ramachandran.chidambaram at gmail.com>

> When I start my Laptop where I have installed Ubuntu 10.10, I get the
> following messg- "keys: to continue wait or press S to skip mounting or M
> for manual recovery.

I think this msg is showing at the period of boot process your laptop. This
may occur if your OS failed to a desired partion data or the filesystem of
the partition got corrupted.

> Could not update ICE authority /home/ram..../.ICE authority

And this occurs when your user profile failed to load at the time of logging
in to the system.

Let me know somthing in brief.

1. From when you are facing this problem?
2. What program/application you used last?
3. What program/application you have installed/configured at last before
this problems began?
4. Did you ever configured any of you partitions manually?
5. Is there any other user accounts on your laptop? If yes then, are those
or that account had the root previleges?

Please let me know the answers of these questions carefully to help you more
and effectively.

With Regards
--
রিং/RING
+8801671411437

মহাসচিব/General Secretary
ফাউন্ডেশন ফর ওপেন সোর্স সলিউশনস বাংলাদেশ / Foundation for Open Source
Solutions Bangladesh

প্রধান সমন্বয়ক, "পেঙ্গুইন মেলা - ২০১১ <http://fossbd.org/index.php/event>"
।। ব্যক্তিগত ব্লগঃ রিং-দ্য ডন 'র ব্লগ <http://toshazed.wordpress.com/> ।।
সদস্য, লিনাক্স মিন্ট বাংলাদেশ <http://linuxmint-bd.org/about_us> ।।