HP d530 sound / keyboard problems

molaxp at aim.com molaxp at aim.com
Mon Jul 11 13:21:20 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----

From: সাজেদুর
  রহিম জো
 য়ারদার <toshazed at gmail.com>
To: Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Mon, Jul 11, 2011 6:09 am
Subject: Re: HP d530 sound / keyboard problems

Hello Dear

2011/7/10  <molaxp at aim.com>

Hi. I installed Ubuntu 11.04 yesterday but since install I have no sound.

Please add source of the ALSA packages for the most updated version from here. Then open the terminal application and put the following commands --

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

After these reboot your system. I hope your sound problem will be sloved.

Also I have problems keyboard conf

Let us have the problems in detail.

with regards

--
রিং
+8801671411437

মহাসচিব
ফাউন্ডেশন ফর ওপেন সোর্স সলিউশনস বাংলাদেশ

প্রধান সমন্বয়ক, "পেঙ্গুইন মেলা - ২০১১" ।। ব্যক্তিগত ব্লগঃ রিং-দ্য ডন 'র ব্লগ ।। সদস্য, লিনাক্স মিন্ট বাংলাদেশ ।। সদস্য, উবুন্টু বাংলাদেশ

--

Hello. Thanks for the help. I solved the problem with some try/error testing of devices
and output interfaces. The sound output was not selected properly in the setup.

The keyboard? Well it seems to be a hardware failure. Nothing wrong with the software.
I tested it on Windows Vista with the same behavior as result. After some time typing
it worked well again but after a restart it was wrong again. I will buy a new one this
week.

The only thing that dont work is the new Unity. It only start Gnome in Classic (Without
Effects). No big deal.

Thanks.