pdftops eps font issue

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Mon Jul 11 23:25:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, NoOp wrote:
> On 07/11/2011 02:10 PM, Paul Sladen wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, Alberto Priore wrote:
> > The program creating the PDF (Apache FOP) is the component performing
> > the font subsetting.
> Perhaps this is the issue:
> <http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html#embedding>
> "The PostScript renderer does not yet support TrueType fonts,"

My understanding here is that Apache FOP is being use to render to
PDF.  Subsequently that PDF is being re-rendered to PS/EPS; which is
the point at which trying non-ideal is happening.

I'm not completely clear what is/isn't happening, which is why I've
asked Alberto to file a bug and attach a sample so that we have
somewhere central to debug the issue.

	-Paul