how do i configure my /etc/apt/soruces.list to find "qemu-linaro"?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jul 10 23:28:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011, NoOp wrote:

> On 07/10/2011 02:44 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >   still a newbie when it comes to messing with my software
> > configuration, so i'd like to extend my /etc/apt/sources.list to be
> > able to find the "qemu-linaro" package:
> >
> >   http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/packages/show/301581
> >
> > i realize it's just a wrapper for a number of other packages but if i
> > set up properly, shouldn't i still be able to install/update by that
> > name?
> >
> >   different web pages have suggested it's part of universe, or part
> > of a PPA.  i'm open to suggestions -- how do i add it to my software
> > sources?  thanks.
> >
> > rday
> >

> It's in universe:
> <http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=qemu-linaro>
>
> Enable the universe repository:
> <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Ubuntu>

  as best i can tell, i *have* that enabled in my sources.list file:

deb http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty universe
deb-src http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty universe
deb http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty-updates universe
deb-src http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty-updates universe