Can not Login as Administrator

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Jul 9 04:42:28 UTC 2011

Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
> I mean I can not log in in graphically but after pressing ctrl+alt+f2
> in the log in screen a bash come. There I can log in using my admin
> user  and password.

Because it isn't advisable to use graphical login as root, it is
disabled by default. You should login as a normal user and only run
individual applications as root using sudo in a terminal or gksu/kdesudo
for graphical applications.

If you really know what you are doing, you can enable it at the
configuration of your display manager. At least that's the case for KDM,
but I suppose you can also do it with GDM.

Nils