Maintaining all packages when reinstalling the ubuntu OS?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:32:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

I need to reinstall ubuntu 10.04 LTS on my machine. But I'd like to
record what ubuntu packages are installed so that I can later on
reinstall these packages easily. I'm wondering if there is a command
to keep track of all the additional packages installed. It is better
that this information is dumped into a file so that it can be read
some other command to easily reinstall all these packages. Is there
such commands for saving the packages info and reinstall the packages?

--
Regards,
Peng