A "green" distro of Ubuntu?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 20:28:49 UTC 2011

2011/7/6 chris <chevhq at gmail.com>:

>> > No , I can only get dial up where I am, and just 10 miles away they can
>> > only get through on a 33k modem.
>>
>> What about 3G?
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Johnny Rosenberg
>>

>> > --
>> > Cheers the Kiwi
>> >

>> > --
>> >

> You said that tongue in cheek didn't you?  :-)

No, not really, sorry.

> In NZ that is only for politicians, and our two millionaires.
>
> The millionaires complain about the costs.

Didn't know that, is it really that bad? I thought that we were a
little behind, but obviously we are not then… I am on vacation right
now about 700 km from home (I guess), so I am on my 3G thing right
now, paying SEK 19/day of use (SEK 0 for days that I don't use it at
all), limited to SEK 247/month no matter how much I use it (divide SEK
by a little more than 6 for US $). It's supposed to be up to 6 Mb/s,
but in reality it is, of course, somewhat less, depending on the
current conditions. The coverage is about 98%, so I can't use it
everywhere, but so far it works pretty good. I thought that there were
similar options in most if not all countries, but obviously I was not
very well informed, sorry for that.

Regards

Johnny Rosenberg