Bad video settings durning boot

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:01:12 UTC 2011

This is on a natty box.

While the system is booting the video starts out being displayed normally
while the bios is in control.  Then it switches to some inappropriate
setting that my display is unable to handle.  Once the system comes up the
xorg.conf results in nice working video.

Most the time this is just an annoyance.  But if something doesn't go quite
right during the boot.  I'm blind and can't see the console output.  Often
in this case the situation would be trivial if I could see.

I probably just need a magic incantation somewhere.

--
Drew Einhorn

"You can see a lot by just looking."
  --  Yogi Berra