Acceptable format for posts to this list

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Wed Jul 6 15:39:22 UTC 2011

On 07/06/2011 10:51 PM, Leo "TheHobbit" Cacciari wrote:
> By the way, I'm a PhD too, two times, but I do not feel that is worth
> bragging about, except with those who deserve it.

+1
Heh heh heh, I am reminded of Richard Feynman's comments, and I wonder
if he had any doctorate degrees, because he never bragged about them
either.   :)

He said.....
<quote>
In this age of specialization, men who thoroughly know one field are
often incompetent to discuss another.

I believe that a scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as
dumb as the next guy.
<unquote>

So, I don't ask my doctor about fuel injection of my car or my mechanic
about my gout; but Liam's opinion about html, whether I agree or not,
means more than my neurosurgeon neighbour's opinion about html, and I
will appreciate him telling me, again regardless whether I agree or not.

So I hope we will continue telling our opinions here and not be afraid
it will disagree with others, or worse, awed/intimidated by fancy
unrelated credentials (I think the term here is 'ad hominen').

Cheers - Goh Lip

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.