Acceptable format for posts to this list

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 6 07:26:50 UTC 2011

On 05/07/11 18:13, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 16:54 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> I just noticed - after all this time! :-( - that what I posted came back
>> to me in the same format as when I sent it  - that is, it was in HTML
>> format. And I did send the message in HTML.
> Um...can't you set TBird to just view as text as opposed to view in
> HTML?

Of course I can.

>   And as well, jeepers, can't you use procmail to strip the HTML (or
> whatever internal mail package you're using)?

What the heck do I want 'procmail' for?

>   Or possibly, the list
> servers are running MS Exchange and HTML is acceptable to them? I still
> reckon it's aliens, sun spots and Ric.

There are a couple of places (at least) where one can control how the
messages are viewed or sent.

As I send and receive mail in both HTML and plain text I set, on the
RECEIVE side to see mail in either format.

On the outgoing side, I normally set the appropriate format in the
Contacts List - and this is where I forgot to set the mail to
ubuntu-users to 'text only' (like I have for other mail lists).

There is also the option to be asked in which format to compose the
message but I don't want to be asked every time- I just write it always
in HTML and it then gets sent to the destination as per the setting in
Contacts list.

No problemo. All under control using Thunderbird.

Thunderbird Roolz!

BC

--
God must love crazy people. He keeps making so many of them.