Pulseaudio configuration?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:01:24 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 16:26 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> Does anybody know how to set pulse audio to 24 or 32bit sound? I can't
> for the life of me figure out how to do it and I can't remember either,
> and it's really bugging me that my audio is so low quality when the
> tracks are so high quality...
>
> I must be able to shake my neighbors house from my own.

Are you using digital out stereo from your sound card? Just
install/crank up pavucontrol and select it for output. Other than that,
the only option would be to set the rate to 48000 somewhere, but
since .asoundrc is deprecated (?) maybe it can be set somewhere
in /etc/pulse?? Google is coming up with cruft written in 2009. Ric

ah! daemon.conf on my machine shows the default-sample-rate set to
48000. Is that for recording?? I think if you played around in that file
and dink with the nice values and fragments you might make it more
responsive at the cost of something else. How about just getting bigger
speakers, amp and turn up the volume??

Linux user# 44256