Ubuntu on P8P67+I7 2600K+ gf gtx560

Soare Catalin lolinux.soare at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 06:14:29 UTC 2011

On Jul 5, 2011 2:07 AM, "Steve Flynn" <anothermindbomb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Soare Catalin <lolinux.soare at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I'm planning to buy a new computer and want to ask if there's anyone who
has any of the components I want to buy.

>> Reason for this is to find out if there are any problems, if Ubuntu works
fine with them, or... any kinds of suggestions are obviously welcome!

>> Here is what I want to buy:
>> MB: ASUS P8P67-EVO
>
> Close. ASUS Sabretooth P67
>>
>> CPU: Core I7 2600K 3.4GHZ
>
> Yup - no problems with it so far. Overclocked to 4.6GHz.
>>
>> Graphics card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX560 1GB DDR5
>
> GeForce 590 here, so again, close but not quite the same kit as you're
after.

> Overall it's ok. I do a little coding on this machine but really, it's for
messing around with. Whilst I have 11.04 installed on it, I've not really
pushed it to do much more than boot up. It seems to be fine however.

> --
> Steve
>
> When one person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people
suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Thank you Steve,

What I am planning to do with this machine is mess with :)
I am thinking about virtualization -- xen or vmware, photo editing, prepare
for some M$ certifications, and after all this is done, I will want to stick
with Ubuntu as a main OS.

Regards,