Help I deleted my cron.daily files

Avi lists at avi.co
Mon Jul 4 23:38:42 UTC 2011

Knute Johnson wrote:

> I tried that but it doesn't reinstall the cron.daily files.  I tried
> using dpkg --purge and then using aptitude to install and that found
> some of them.

That --purge will have destroyed any local configuration you might
have made. It might well have not broken anything here, but it's not
really an option to be run lightly.

>  I guess their could have been files left over in here that weren't
> being used any more.

What are you comparing to? What should be there is dependent upon
what you have installed - Alan's list will only reflect what he's got
installed, not what you have installed.

--
Avi