Ubuntu on P8P67+I7 2600K+ gf gtx560

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 23:04:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Soare Catalin <lolinux.soare at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm planning to buy a new computer and want to ask if there's anyone who
> has any of the components I want to buy.
>
> Reason for this is to find out if there are any problems, if Ubuntu works
> fine with them, or... any kinds of suggestions are obviously welcome!
>
> Here is what I want to buy:
> MB: ASUS P8P67-EVO

Close. ASUS Sabretooth P67

> CPU: Core I7 2600K 3.4GHZ

Yup - no problems with it so far. Overclocked to 4.6GHz.

> Graphics card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX560 1GB DDR5

GeForce 590 here, so again, close but not quite the same kit as you're
after.

Overall it's ok. I do a little coding on this machine but really, it's for
messing around with. Whilst I have 11.04 installed on it, I've not really
pushed it to do much more than boot up. It seems to be fine however.

--
Steve

When one person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people
suffer from a delusion it is called religion.