A "green" distro of Ubuntu?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 00:53:19 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-03 at 07:45 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On 03/07/11 07:40, Richard Owlett wrote:
> > Ric Moore wrote:
> >> You and me both, that's why I spring for $8 at OnDisk.com[*SNIP*]
> > OnDisk.com comes back with a "domain for sale" ad :<
>
> He forgot the - accidentally, it's http://on-disk.com/ but with their
> Ubuntu prices lately it's cheaper to get a professionally pressed CD
> directly from Canonical for $7 (not to mention it helping to support
> Ubuntu) http://shop.canonical.com/index.php?cPath=17

Huh??? I can order a DVD that is full for around $8. Just checked $3.99
plus shipping. Total under $7...
Consider this one
http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/cPath/28_135_398/products_id/1290
The alternate intall which gives you more pick n chose for limited
internet access and low system memory... $3.99 on DVD. I mean damn.

Linux user# 44256